“What Makes You Proud of America”
An essay contest sponsored by Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of The United States of America
- Eligible participants must be students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words
- The essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, the essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judgin to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending, and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the essay.
Plaques will be awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Winners will be announced at the Grand Lodge Session in St. Louis, Missouri on June 30- July 3, 2019.
Essays should be submitted to local Elks Lodge on or before December 15, 2018.
The essay cover sheet must be completed for each level of competition and remain attached to the essay.
“The school/district is neither endorsing nor sponsoring this event nor approving or endorsing the views of the organization sponsoring the activity.”