Junction City JuneTeenth in the Park
“Juneteenth 2018: We Stand United”
Youth Essay & Artwork Contest
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States since June 19, 1865.
- Essay and Artwork should incorporate the theme: “Juneteenth 2018: We Stand United”
- Essay and Artwork must be the original work created by the entrant.
- Essay and Artwork should be in finished form and unframed.
- Essay and Artwork size should not be larger than 11″ x 17″ paper dimensions.
- Each of the three categories will be judged for 1st place, 2nd place & 3rd place: (K-5th grades, 6th – 8th grades, & 9th – 12th grades), in both areas (Essay and Artwork), 18 prizes in all.
- Due: Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 3:30 PM – No exceptions.
- All entries must include student’s name, teacher’s name, school district, student’s grade level, school, and a contact number on the back of the poster.
- All entries will be displayed at Armed Forces Bank in building 5303 on Fort Riley, June 4-8, 2018.
- Winners will be announced on the 9th of June at the Juneteenth Festival. Prizes will be donated by event sponsors.
Mail or deliver the 2018 Essay or Artwork to:
- Junction City Juneteenth Community Association Attn: Sponsorship Chair, 222 Navajo Drive, Junction City, Kansas 66441-3454
- Armed Forces Bank, Building 5303, Ashby Ave, Fort Riley, Kansas 66442
- Armed Forces Bank, 429 W 18th Street, Junction City, Kansas 66441
Voting by the Juneteeth Committee takes place during Juneteenth Week, June 4-8, 2018.
Funded by a grant from the Geary County Convention & Visitors Bureau – Division of the JCACC www.juntioncity.org