Geary County Historical Society presents Celebrating Past Times
April 28-29, 2018
Join us for an open house & activities at ALL of our historic sites.
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Spring Valley School Site (K-18 & Spring Valley Road)
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ST. Joseph’s Church & Cemetery (S. of I-70 exit 307)
- Fun activities and historic demonstrations planned throughout the site, including a one-room schoolhouse program, guided tours of every building, and living history demonstrations and maybe even a couple of farm animals!
- Visitors can see for themselves what pioneer life was like for Geary County’s earliest residents!
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Guided Tours of Starcke House (508 N. Adams)
- 4:00 PM Memories at the Museum
- This is a monthly oral history program, where the community is invited to share their stories on select topics. The resulting conversations are recorded and placed in the archives to make history easier for future generations. The talk this month will be on how the community made GCHS what it is today.
In case of rain, check Facebook.com/GearyHistory