Grandview is participating in Every Hero Needs a Squad
Heroes like Amari never fight cancer alone.
Your child’s school is participating in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Student Series fundraising program. Your child will be helping local cancer patients like Amari, one of our Honored Heroes, beat their disease by raising funds needed to support blood cancer research. By collecting donations, LLS is able to find effective cancer therapies that, over the last 50 years, have increased the childhood leukemia survival rate from 3% to 90%. LLS also provides financial support to families affected by blood cancer to help combat the high cost of cancer care.
You an help your child create their own online fundraising page:
- Visit: studentseries.org/find-your-school
- Search for your child’s school by entering school name, city and state and clicking find.
- Select your child’s school from the search results.
- Select “Join a School Team” or, if your child’s classroom has set up its own page, select “Join Classroom Team”.
- Create a new account, or if you have ever had a fundraising page for LLS, sign in with your username and password.
- Create your child’s online fundrasing page.
- Once created, share the link to your child’s page with friends, family and co-workers through email and social media.
Students receive a thank you gift for collecting $50.00 or more in online donations.
In 2017-2018 Student Series is providing schools with grade-specific, K-5 School curriculum. Your child’s school received this curriculum as a thank you for participating in a Student Series program.