“Why Our Veterans Are America’s Heroes” Essay Contest Sponsored by Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America
- Eligible participants must be students enrolled in the 5-8 grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques will be awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Winners will be announced at the Grand Lodge Session in San Antonio, Texas, July 1-4, 2018.
Essay should be submitted to local Elks Lodge on/before December 15, 2017. The Essay Contest Cover Sheet must be completed for each level of competition and remain attached to the Essay.
Sponsoring Elks Lodge: Junction City Elks Lodge No. 1037
Address: P O Box 1212, Junction City, Kansas 66441
Contact Person: Buz Bruzina
Phone Number: (785) 238-5782